Friday, March 2, 2012

Do you like green eggs and ham?

Today in honor of the birth of Theodor Seuss Geisel 108 years ago we will celebrate with the Sam I Am. Now before you panic, today's quick fix does not have green eggs and ham (although the thought did cross my mind).

Dr. Seuss wrote and illustrated over 45 children's books throughout his career, most of which we all memorized before we could even read. Today we'll kick off National Read Across America Day by turning off the TV, mixing this great beverage and plopping down with a good book. I highly recommend One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish, it's my personal favorite.







Sam I Am
2 oz Hendrick's Gin
1/2 oz lime juice
3/4 oz simple syrup
2 sprigs of mint
1 spray of Absinthe
1 egg white

Muddle the mint, lime and syrup, add egg white then dry shake. Add ice, gin, shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass coated with absinthe garnish with mint.

I will drink this in my house
I will drink this with a mouse
I will drink this here and there
Say! I will drink this anywhere!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment